Membership at Emmanuel is an important step toward committing yourself to fellowship with this community as we seek to participate in God’s mission in Seattle and beyond. Members commit to support the ministry of our church and our denomination, and have the opportunity to regularly vote on critical aspects of our work together.
Those interested in membership will be asked to complete the following:
1) Attend a membership class offered periodically by the church.
2) Submit an Emmanuel Membership Application to the pastor or member of the Leadership Team.
3) If you have never been baptized as a lifetime follower of Jesus, contact the pastor to arrange for your baptism prior to your acceptance as a member. (Note: As a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church, Emmanuel recognizes both infant and adult baptisms.)
4) After completing the requirements listed above, your application will be reviewed by Emmanuel’s Leadership Team, which will vote to recommend you for membership to the congregation.
5) At a meeting of the congregation, you will be presented and a vote will be taken to officially welcome you into the family!