Thank you to everyone who has helped make the 2014-2015 Men’s Shelter a success! We have closed for the spring/summer season-stay tuned for details about the future of the Emmanuel-Union Gospel Mission partnership.
Emmanuel Bible Church and Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission have partnered together to open an emergency winter shelter in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood of north Seattle for the last two years, and have provided over 3,200 nights of shelter. The shelter hosted up to 20 men each night seven days a week from November 3rd thru April 30th.
Previously, the Mission operated an emergency winter shelter in an old fire station located in Lake City. As the property became unavailable to operate the shelter the Mission immediately looked into other possibilities to help the homeless men who call North Seattle home. During the five months of operation in Lake City, the Mission …
• Slept an average of 55 men per night
• Served almost 12,000 meals
• Helped 18 people find jobs
• 21 people moved to stable housing
• 12 people went into treatment programs
The Mission helps operate shelters throughout King County with the purpose of helping individuals climb out of homelessness and transform their lives. Shelters include:
• Men’s Shelter, downtown
• Emergency Family Shelter, Belltown
• Women & Children’s Shelter, Hope Place located in NewHolly in South Seattle
• Eastside Winter Shelter, Bellevue